Periorbital Cellulitis also known as Preseptal cellulitis is a skin infection (inflammation) characterized with redness, sweling, pain and warmth. Periorbital cellulitis (or Preseptal cellulitis), also known as eyelid cellulitis is an inflammation that happens around the eyelid. This type of cellulitis is more common in youngsters than in adults.
The most effective treatments for periorbital cellulitis are :-
- The antibiotics such as penicillins, erythromycin, cephalexin, cloxacillin are generally used to stop the spread of infection and prevent damage to the optic nerve.
- Ophthalmologist perform a surgery by draining eye sockets or sinus cavities when one or both eyes are affected,.
- Periorbital cellulitis, can be treated by applying heat packs over the affected areas.
- Paracetamol is useful for pain relief and fever control.
- Other medications may also be recommended, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) to relieve pain, and aspirin to decrease fever.
Periorbital CellulitisOTHER RELATED INFORMATION